For some dog owners, snoozing next to their furry best friend is a dream come true. But for others, trying to catch some shut-eye with a four-legged snoring machine in the bed is a total nightmare. So is it a good idea to let your pup sleep in bed with you or not? Well, it really depends on a number of factors. Learn about some of the pros and cons of sharing your bed with a dog.
Here's why you might want to keep your dog out of your bed:
- He can disrupt your sleep; especially if he snores.
- It's not a good idea for people with allergies. She can get fur and dirt in your bed.
- It's not a good idea if he has behavioral issues; such as aggression or separation anxiety.
- If he's big, he might hog the bed.
- If he's small, you might roll over him.
Here's why you might want to share your bed:
- His presence can help you sleep. For some, snoring is a lullaby.
- She can keep you warm on cold nights.
There are plenty of hacks you can try to help keep bedding clean.
- Throw an inexpensive machine-washable quilt on top of your bedding.
- If your dog is older and leaky, place rubber-backed fuzzy mats on top of the quilt.
Snuggling is a form of love!